Music is a wonderful addition to any project. You can license a song or sound effect from the catalogue for your film, album, production or event. Please contact Anna to discuss your project. Anna awards permission on a case by case basis.
- Film: in theatres, streaming, DVD, etc.
- Music: Vinyl, CD, cassette and online streaming, such as Netflix, Pandora, Spotify, etc.
- Video: DVD, VHS and streaming, such as YouTube & Vimeo, etc.
- Radio: traditional and streaming
- Live events, including distribution of these filmed events
- Eating establishments: continuous play
- Clubs: continuous play
- Demos, film trailers and the like
- Any commercial situation where money is generated
1) MAKE YOUR MUSIC SELECTIONS
Browse the online catalogue or contact Anna Greco for samples. If you would like to request a new recording, composition or arrangement, you can hire Anna Greco for your project. There is no extra charge for pre-existing recordings.
2) ACQUIRE VERBAL PERMISSION
Please call Anna Greco at (831) 475-1811 to discuss your project. If the music is a good fit, she will give you verbal permission over the phone.
3) REVIEW LICENSING & ROYALTY FEES
Depending on the nature of your project, some require one or both fees.
- One license per project, renewed annually, non-refundable
- $1 per minute of recorded music - $10 minimum / $250 maximum regardless of length of music or number of tracks licensed
- Invoiced monthly
- Movie Theatres - 50¢ per song per film per screen per theatre
- Television Broadcasts - 25¢ per song per broadcast per channel, not number of audience views
- Radio & Streaming Sources (i.e. Netflix, YouTube) - 3¢ per song per play
- Eating Establishments & Clubs - 3¢ per song per play or $5 monthly, whichever is lower
- Copies Sold (i.e. DVDs, CDs) - 10¢ per song per copy
- 3 songs played in a film shown once on 3 screens per theatre in 100 movie theatres - $450
- 2 songs played in a television show streamed on Netflix 500 times - $25
- A song played on a radio station 50 times - $1.25
- 1000 DVDs sold with 7 songs licensed - $700
- YouTube video played 250 times - $7.50
- Italian restaurant - song played 75 times - $2.25
4) SIGN THE CONTRACT & SUBMIT FEES
After the details have been firmed up, you'll be sent the contract and and your first invoice. Please review and sign the contract in ink (no digital signatures will be approved). Please make checks out to: Anna Greco, 720 Capitola Avenue, Building D, Capitola, CA 95010. No credit cards are accepted at this time.
5) SONG/WRITING CREDITS
Giving proper credit somewhere visible on your project is required as part of obtaining a license. Before you release the project, you will need to obtain Anna's approval on how and where the credit is placed.
6) PAY MONTHLY ROYALTIES
If your project requires you to pay royalties, you will need to report the number of plays or copies distributed at the beginning of each month. You may do so by phone or by text. An invoice will be sent to you for payment. If any monthly invoice is ever under $10, Anna will add up the invoices until we get over $10.
Et voilà! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Looking forward to working with you!